Quick Chocolate Mousse Cups - Easter Special 2016
Recipe type: Dessert
This simple dessert is the perfect end to a great meal. Quick chocolate mousse cups can be a life saver.... the chocolate cups and quills can be made in advance, and the quick chocolate mousse is just that.... quick.
For The Quills
- White compound chocolate
- Dark compound chocolate
For the Mousse
- 75ml Cream
- 225ml Cream
- 50g Dark compound chocolate
- To make the chocolate porcupine quills, melt the white and dark chocolates. Tear off 6 rectangles of baking parchment from the roll and fold these in half length-ways.
- Spread 2 inches of dark chocolate down the center-line of the parchment, followed by 2 equally spaced dollops.
- Fill in the spaces with the white chocolate followed by a 1.5 inch spread at the end.
- Fold the parchment over and use your dough scraper or any other straight edged tool to shape the quill. Transfer this to your refrigerator to set and continue with the remaining quills.
- To make the quick mousse, measure out the chocolate chips and the 2 batches of cream. Pour the 75ml batch of cream into the chocolate and melt this in your microwave 15 seconds at a time, stirring thoroughly between heatings. Set this aside to cool.
- Place the remaining cream in you mixer bowl and whip this until the whisk just begins to leave trails.
- Add the chocolate cream mixture and continue to beat this until the whisk leaves a definite trail in the mixture.
- Unmold the chocolate cups and the quills, and transfer the quick mousse to a piping bag.
- Pipe the mousse into the chocolate cups. Adjust the lengths of the quills by snapping off a bit of the base, and stand these up in the mousse. Garnish the plate with fresh mint and serve immediately.