How to Make Authentic Hummus - Middle Eastern Chickpea Dip - Homemade Hummus Recipe!!!
Recipe type: Dipping Sauce
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
In our previous episode we made authentic tahini paste. Today we're going to use this to make authentic hummus.
- 400g Can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 30ml Tahini paste
- 1 Clove garlic
- 2.5ml Salt
- 45ml Olive oil
- 25ml Lemon juice
- Chopped coriander leaf and lemon zest to garnish
- Thoroughly rinse the canned chickpeas and measure out the tahini paste, salt, extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Peal and roughly chop 1 clove of garlic.
- Place all of these ingredients into a tall jug and process until smooth using your stick blender. You can also do this in your food processor. If you're using stick blender lift the head of the blender to clear the blades after each pulse to avoid damaging the unit.
- Once you're happy with the texture, transfer the thick paste to a bowl. Drizzle this with a little extra olive oil and mix this in. Continue adding oil until you achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve dressed with a little chopped coriander, fresh lemon zest and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Stay tuned for our next episode where we're making authentic falafel, accompanied with sesame sauce and hummus.