Gourmet Garlic Bread - Crispy, Crusty Garlic Bread with Pancetta & Blue Cheese!!!
Recipe type: Bread / Baked / Barbecue
Yesterday we made amazing crusty white farm bread. Today we're going to use one of these loaves to make awesome gourmet garlic bread turbo-charged with creamy melted blue cheese and pancetta.
- 1 x 36cm / 15 inch Baguette-style farm loaf
- 60g Butter
- 5 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 60g Blue cheese
- 50g Pancetta (Italian bacon) finely chopped
- Measure out the softened butter and blue cheese, and finely chop the fresh garlic and pancetta.
- Add the pancetta and garlic to the butter and blue cheese and mash this in thoroughly until everything is totally combined.
- Slice through the loaf of bread at an angle leaving the bottom crust of the loaf intact until the entire loaf is sliced with a space of 15mm or just more than a half inch between slices.
- Start filling the slices with the garlic butter mixture. This quantity of mixture is sufficient for one loaf.
- Place the loaf on a rectangle of foil and roll the log edge of the foil to enclose the loaf. Twist the ends to secure the foil. Don't twist the ends too tightly as you need to unwrap the loaf while it is hot, and if it is too tightly bound this will be very difficult and possibly dangerous.
- Bake the loaf in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 20 minutes.
- Immediately after baking, unwrap the loaf and serve hot and steaming.
- You can also bake the garlic bread in your closed barbecue following the same time and temperature. (indirect heat)