How to Pickle Jalapeño Peppers - Homemade Pickled Jalapeño Peppers Quick & Easy
Recipe type: Pickles / Preserves
Pickled jalapeños are a great way to preserve your crop. Apart from the preserving aspect, pickled jalapeños have an amazing flavor that only pickling reveals.
- 200g Jalapeño Peppers
- 200ml White wine vinegar
- 30g White sugar
- Snip off the stems from the jalapeños. Use a sharp paring knife to slice lengthways down the side of the chilies.
- Pack the chillies tightly into a suitable clean glass jar.pack the as tightly as possible.
- Add the sugar and wine vinegar to a small saucepan and bring this to a boil. Remove this from the heat and put it aside.
- Place the jar of chillies in a saucepan of hot water. This will acclimatize the glass to receiving the boiling hot vinegar syrup. If you skip this step, the jar may crack.
- Pour the syrup into the jar until the chillies are covered. Carefully put the lid on the jar, then allow this to cool in the hot water.
- Once cooled, place the pickled jalapeños in your refrigerator for at least a month before opening.