Silicone Molded Chocolate Cups - How to Mold Chocolate Cups in Silicone Muffin Molds
Recipe type: Dessert / Chocolate
Over Valentine's we showed you how to make elegant balloon molded chocolate cups. Today we're looking at how to make a similar cup using silicone muffin molds.
- Compound / Cooking chocolate
- I am using compound or cooking chocolate. It is ideal for these types of projects as it has a higher melting point and does not require tempering.
- Melt the chocolate in your melting pot, or in s double boiler or even in your microwave 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating.
- Pour enough chocolate into the first silicone muffin cup to fill it 2 thirds. Lift the cup and pour the chocolate into the second cup.
- Continue with this process until all of the cups are coated. As you go the quantity of chocolate will be depleted and you will need to swirl the last few cups around to get the same coating level. After each pouring, scrape the edges of the muffin cups clean using the back of a knife.
- Transfer the cups to your refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
- Remove the cups from the fridge and repeat the coating process again.
- Return the cups to the fridge to set once more.
- After 10 minutes the chocolate will be set. Loosen the edge of the silicone muffin cup from the raised edge of the chocolate. Start turning the entire silicone mold inside out out to free the chocolate cup.
- And there it is, perfectly molded chocolate cups with a raised edge that acts as a handle. You can fill these with anything fom chocolate mousse to brandy soaked fruit and cream.