Super Bowl Snacks - Cheese & Pancetta Melts - Quick, Easy & Yummy!!!
Recipe type: Finger Foods
With the Super Bowl just days away, here is a super-quick and super easy way to add some yummy to the occasion. I am using the Vietnamese Baguettes we baked in the previous episode, but you can use store bought as well.
For 16 Snacks
- 3 Vietnamese baguettes cut into 16 angled slices
- 1 Round Camembert cheese
- Paprika to garnish
- 16 Very thin slices of Pancetta
- Cut the baguettes at an angle into long ovals. Take a round of Camembert cheese and cut it into 8 wedges. Cut each wedge through the center longitudinally, giving you 16 pieces in all.
- Place the wedges of cheese cheesy-side up on the ovals of baguette. Transfer these to a lightly greased baking sheet. The sheet must be greased as this inhibits and spill-over cheese from sticking to the sheet. In addition, you need 16 very thin slices of Pancetta.
- Heat the grill in your oven to maximum and melt the cheese over the baguette ovals. Remove theses from the oven and transfer them to serving platters.
- Sprinkle the tops with a little paprika. Fold each slice of pancetta into a zig-zag and stand a slice on top of each snack.
- Serve these snacks hot or cold and wait for the cheers and applause.