Argentinian Chimichurri Sauce - Classic Piquant Herb Sauce for Steak, Chicken, Pork, Lamb & even Eggs!!!!!
Recipe type: Sauce
Chimichurri sauce originates in Argentina, a country that eats more beef per capita than any othe country in the world. Most of there beef is barbecued and this sauce is the perfect accompaniment to smokey barbecued beef, however it goes equally well with chicken, pork and lamb.
- 250ml Fresh parsley
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 30ml Fresh Oregano
- 30ml Red wine vinegar
- 1.25ml Red chilli flakes
- 1.25ml Salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 125ml Oil
- Measure out the parsley, oregano, red wine vinegar, olive oil, cracked black pepper, red chilli flakes, salt and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Transfer all of these to a tall jug and proceed to puree them with your stick blender. Place the pureed sauce in your refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- The sauce will keep for up to a week in your refrigerator.
- To serve, simply spoon the chimichurri liberally over the meats you are serving and enjoy.