Gourmet Cold-Smoked Baby Sole - How to Make Cold-Smoked Sole with Smoke Daddy Cold Smoke Generator.
Recipe type: Seafood / Fish / Smoking
In today's episode we're going to use the Smoke Daddy cold smoke generator to flavor a batch of baby sole. The fish is first cold smoked, then pan-fried to perfection resulting in a truly gourmet fish dish subtly infused with apple wood smoke.
- 4 Baby sole (approx 130g each)
- 60g Butter
- 5ml Herbs provence herb mix
- 2.5ml Garlic powder
- 30g Butter for frying
- Apple wood chips
- To start, place the butter, garlic powder and dried herbs in a heatproof bowl. Pop this in your microwave oven and melt the butter.
- Pat the sole dry with kitchen paper.
- Place a rack at an angle across the corners of a roasting pan, and transfer the sole to the rack. Brush both sides of the sole with the butter mixture.
- Fire up your cold smoke generator and place the fish in the barbecue. Allow this to smoke for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the sole from the barbecue. Heat a pan over medium high heat and add 30g of butter. Fry the sole for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the sole sole to serving platters and top with a little of the pan butter and lemon or lime wedges before serving with accompaniments of your choice.