The Mega Toasted Pizza Sandwich!!! Super-Stacker Double Thick Toasted Sandwich - Pan Grilled.
Recipe type: Toasted Sandwiches / Pizza
Following yesterdays super stacker toasted sandwich, here's another super stacker, this time with all the flavor of real Italian pizza.
- 4 Slices hickory ham
- 8 Slices strong mini-Salami
- 6 Calamata Olives, pitted and sliced
- 24 x 1 inch Squares of mozzarella cut ⅛th inch thick (3mm)
- 5ml Italian herb mix
- 75ml Tomato sauce or tomato puree
- 6 Slices square loaf bread
- Chop the smoked hickory ham and strong aged salami, and pit the olives and cut them into rounds.
- Add the Italian herb mix and tomato sauce and mix this all together thoroughly.
- In addition cut 24 squares of mozzarella cheese to a thickness of around 3mm or ⅛th of an inch.
- Take 6 slices of square loaf bread and cut the centers from 2 of the slices.
- Butter the remaining 4 slices and place them in 2 pairs with the butter inwards.
- Working with on pair, arrange cheese around the edge of the bread. Top this with one of the hollow slices. While cooking the cheese will melt and glue the sandwich closed.
- Fill the hollow slice with half of the filling. Don't fill past the level of the crust.
- Arrange more cheese around the edges.
- Lift the filled half of the sandwich and place the underneath slice on top to close. Both outer surfaces will be buttered surfaces.
- Repeat this with the second sandwich.
- Heat your pan over a low flame. The pan must not be too hot as you want the cheese inside the sandwich to melt before the bread over-browns.
- Toast the sandwiches on the first side until you visibly see the underneath layer of cheese melting. Turn the sandwich over and repeat.
- To cut the sandwiches use the tip of your knife to get a clean cut, and avoid crushing the sandwich.
- Transfer the quarters to platters and serve immediately.