Crispy Fried Fish in Beer Batter. How to Make Delicious Beer Battered Fish.
Recipe type: Seafood / Fish
In today's episode we're going to make really simple deep fried fish in a light crispy beer batter.
- 330ml Beer
- 180g Self-raising flour
- 150g All-purpose flour
- 800g Fish fillets of your choice (Hake is fine)
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Place the self raising flour, a generous pinch of salt, and very generous grind of black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the beer and stir this until you have a smooth batter. Put this aside for 30 minutes.
- Cut the fish fillets across the grain into strips of around and inch (25mm) in thickness.
- Half fill your wok or pan with oil and heat this to 160c or 320f.
- Dredge the fish pieces in the all purpose flour. This dries the surface of the fish and gives the batter something to hold onto.
- Dip the fish pieces in the batter one by one and carefully drop them into the oil. Fry the fish for 3 to 4 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Remove the fish from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain any excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Serve the fish with crispy french fries, tartare sauce and lemon wedges.