Soft Cheese & Garlic Dinner Rolls - How to Make Soft Cheesy Garlic Dinner Snail Rolls - Quick & Easy!!!
Recipe type: Bread
Soft Cheese & Garlic Dinner Rolls. These soft rolls are amazing. Depending on what size you decide to make them, you can use them as dinner rolls, or if larger, as burger buns. Superbly soft and tasty, and super quick to make, these rolls are a winner every time.
- 30ml Instant dried yeast
- 280ml Warm water
- 60ml Sugar
- 80ml Oil
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 5ml Salt
- 500g All-purpose flour
- 30ml Garlic, finely chopped
- 100g Parmesan, finely shredded
- Mix the instant yeast and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the warm water and mix this until the yeast has totally dissolved.
- Pour in the oil and mix this in briefly, then set the bowl aside for ten minutes until the yeast if frothy.
- Add the salt, egg, flour, garlic and finely shredded cheese.
- Using a wooden paddle, stir the mixture until a dough comes together, and the mixture comes away from the side of the bowl.
- Turn the sticky dough out onto a well floured work surface. Sprinkle flour over the top of the dough as well and start to knead.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes sprinkling a little more flour every time it becomes too sticky. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Roll the dough into a sausage and divide it into 4 pieces. Roll each of these out and divide in half to get 8 pieces in total.
- Roll each piece out into a sausage then turn the piece at 90 degrees and roll it up like a snail shell. Transfer the rolls to an oiled baking sheet and stand them up on their widest edge.
- Press them down gently to flatten them slightly if they don't want to stand up.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash and give them a good grind of cracked black pepper.
- Bake the rolls in a preheated oven att 220c or 425f for 8 to 12 minutes until golden.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and transfer them to a rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.