4th of July Cookout - Barbecue Chicken Foldover - Whole Deboned, Stuffed BBQ Chicken
Recipe type: Barbecue / Chicken
This awesome barbecue chicken foldover is really worth the effort and will score some serious points with your friends and family.
- 1 x 1.4kg (3lb) Chicken, deboned
- 350g Pork sausage meat
- 15ml Smoked hot paprika
- 5ml Garlic powder
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Starting with the filling, squeeze the pork sausage filling from the bangers into a mixing bowl. Add the smoked paprika and massage this into the pork thoroughly.
- A while back I did a video on how to debone a whole chicken, if you missed this you can see it now by clicking Here.
- Lay the deboned chicken out flat on a board and season the flesh liberally with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Fill the legs and wings with some of the pork. Flatten the remaining pork across half of the chicken and fold the chicken over to enclose the filling.
- Oil a ribbed skillet and transfer the chicken to the skillet. If you don't have a ribbed skillet you can use a rack in a roasting pan. Season the skin liberally with salt and cracked black pepper and you're ready to go.
- Heat your barbecue to 180c or 350f and roast the chicken for 2 hours. Increase the heat to 200c or 400f and roast for a further 15 to 30 minutes until the skin is golden.
- Remove the chicken from the barbecue and allow it to stand for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.