How to Make Bechamel Sauce. Perfect Smooth, Silky Bechamel Every Time!!!
Recipe type: Sauce
Cuisine: Italian / French
Bechamel sauce is they key ingredient in dishes like lasagna and cannelloni. It also serves as the master sauce or base for cheese sauce, mushroom sauce, garlic sauce and many others.
- 65g Butter
- 40g All-purpose flour
- Pinch of nutmeg (1/4 Tsp)
- 600ml Full cream milk, very cold
- 1 Bay leaf
- 125ml Cream
- Heat the butter over medium low heat and pour in the flour
- and nutmeg.
- Stir this until creamy and allow it to cook for 60 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the milk. Add a bay leaf to the mixture and return to the heat.
- Bring this simmer over a few minutes, stirring constantly. Simmer until the sauce
- thickens and leaves a trail when you stir.
- Remove the pan from the heat and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir in the cream.