The Famous Bicken Churger - Laminated Chicken, Beef & Bacon Burger Patty
Recipe type: Burgers and Burger Patties
The Burger Patty EVER!!! This demonstration shows you how to laminate chicken fillet, tenderloin steak and bacon into a single layered patty that tastes like heaven!!!!
- 2 Chicken breast fillets
- 2 Sirloin steaks, cut 6mm thick
- 4 Slices oak or hickory smoked bacon, lean
- Kosher salt
- Flour to dust
- Fold the chicken breasts in cling wrap and tap them down with your meat mallet to a thickness of 3mm or 1 eight of an inch.
- Have your butcher cut the tenderloin into thin steaks of 6mm in thickness. Trim away the fat along the edges, fold the in cling wrap and tap them down to a thickness of 3mm using you meat mallet.
- So far so good. 2 Chicken breasts flattened along with 2 steaks and 4 large slices of good quality oak or hickory smoked bacon will make 4 large bicken churger patties.
- To assemble, salt the chicken and press a steak into the surface. Place 2 strips of bacon on top of the steak snd press these down. You don't need salt between the steak and bacon as the bacon has a high enough salt content.
- Repeat this with the second set of ingredients.
- Lightly flour 2 large platters and place one of the bicken churger sets on each. Lighly flour the tops of the bicken churgers and place them in your refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Within 30 minutes, most of the magic has happened. Remove the platters from the refrigerator and cut each set in half down the center. This gives you 4 bicken churgers.
- Heat a large pan over high heat and add about 30g of butter. Carefully drop the bicken churgers into the pan with the bacon side down. Allow these to fry for 3 minutes.
- Turn the patties over and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove the bicken churgers from the pan, construct your burgers and serve immediately.