Snack Platter Catering - Part 21 - Deep Fried Prawn Wontons
Recipe type: Dim Sum / Finger Foods / Snack Foods / Super Bowl Recipes
These amazing crispy fried pork and prawn wontons are quick and easy. One the really cool things about this is that you can make the wontons way ahead of time and deep fry them from frozen as required.
- 200g Prawn meat
- 200g Bacon
- 15ml Ginger, grated
- 4 Spring onions
- 2.5ml Salt
- 5ml Sesame oil
- 15ml Cornflour
- 80 Wonton skins
- Cut the bacon into thin strips across the grain, chop the spring onion into rounds, measure out the grated ginger, salt, roasted sesame oil and cornflour. In addition weigh out the prawn meat and unpack 80 wonton skins and keep them under a damp cloth.
- Place all of the ingredients with exception of the wonton skins into your food processor.
- Zap this all until it is quite finely chopped.
- Working with one wonton skin at a time, place a skin diagonally in front of you. Using a wet finger, wet the 2 upper edges of the wrapper.
- Place a teaspoonful of the filling onto the center of the wrapper.
- Fold the corner closest to you up and over the filling to meet the top corner. Press the edges of the wrapper together to seal, making sure to press out any air from inside the parcel.
- This will give you a very basic gowgee fold. Wet one of the sharp corners of the parcel. Pull the 2 sharp corners towards you until they overlap, then crimp them together.
- Repeat this until all of the wontons are formed.
- Half fill a large pan with oil and heat this to 190c or 375f. Fry the wontons in batches for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring gently halfway through.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the wontons from the oil and drain them on kitchen paper. Repeat this until everything is fried.
- Transfer the wontons to serving platters and serve immediately.