Snack Platter Catering - Part 10 - Super Cheesy Cocktail Sausage Rolls
Recipe type: Finger Foods / Snack Foods / Pork
Super-cheesy cocktail sausage rolls are awesome!!!. Cheesy pork sausage meat mixed with mature cheddar, baked in flaky cheese pastry is legendary!!!
- 350g Pork sausage meat
- 150g Mature Cheddar cheese
- ½ Batch of Flaky cheese pastry (Click here for recipe)
- 1 Egg yolk mixed with 1 Tbs water
- Cracked black pepper
For 40 Cocktail Sausage Rolls
- Place the pork sausage meat and the grated mature cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl and mix this until well combined.
- Roll our half of the pastry and cut 4 rectangles of 6 inches by 16 inches, or 15cm by 40cm.
- Arrange the filling across the center of each piece of pastry in a long sausage formation.
- Lift the edge closest to you up and over the filling. Roll it over to totally enclose the filling. Complete the other 3 rolls and transfer them to a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the tops of the sausage rolls at ¾ inch intervals.
- Brush the sausage rolls with the egg wash consisting of an egg yolk whisked together with a tablespoon of water.
- Grind fresh cracked black pepper liberally over the pastries and bake the pastries in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f for 30 minutes until golden.
- Remove the sausage rolls from the oven, cut them apart, transfer to platters and serve immediately.