Snack Platter Catering - Part 7 - Millionaire's Chicken Liver Pate' - Ideal Snack Platter Food!!!
Recipe type: Snack Food / Finger Food / Pate'
Millionaire's Chicken Liver Pate' puts a new spin on a classic recipe. Once you've tasted this amazing flavor, you won't go back!!!
- 500g Chicken livers
- 50g Seedless raisins
- 150ml Brandy
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10ml Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 50g Butter
- 60ml Cream
- Salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut away any sinew and discolored parts from the chicken livers. Place the livers in a large jug along with the seedless raisins and pour in the brandy. Set this aside for 1 to 2 hours.
- Dice the onion and finely chop the garlic and fresh thyme.
- Strain the livers through a colander and reserve the liquid.
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat, add 50g of butter and fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes until tender and translucent.
- Add the liver and raisins to the pan along with the fresh chopped thyme. Fry this for 5 minutes until the livers are cooked through.
- Pour in the reserved liquid and continues to cook this for a further 2 to 3 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large jug and process this with your stick blender until smooth. You can also do this in a food processor or blender.
- Pour in the cream and mix this in thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pate' and allow this to set in your refrigerator for at least an hour.
- As a serving suggestion, slice thin slices of dinner or cocktail buns and toast them under your grill for a few minutes on either side until golden.
- Transfer these to platters around a communal bowl of pate, or serve them in single portion bowls piped with a little pate and garnished with pickled green peppercorns.