Snack Platter Catering Part 5 - Mini Curry Chicken Samosas - Perfect Snack Platter Food
Recipe type: Snack Platter Recipes, Curry Samosa, Finger Foods
Mini Curry Chicken Samosas are perfect for snack platter catering. Not only do they taste great, but they can be made way ahead of time and baked from frozen. These curry chicken samosas are sure winners!!!
For 40 Mini Samosas
- 400g Cooked chicken thigh meat, finely chopped
- 250g Onion, finely chopped
- 30ml Garam Masala
- 5ml Sugar
- 125ml Chicken stock
- 7.5ml Cornflour dissolved in a little water
- Fillo pastry
- Strip the meat and skin from your cooked chicken thighs. Zap this in your food processor until fine. Weigh out 400g of the processed chicken.
- Chop the onion and weigh out 250g of this.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat and add 50g of butter. Fry the onion for 5 minutes until tender and translucent.
- Add the garam masala and sugar and fry for a further 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken stock and continue to fry for a further 60 seconds.
- Dissolve the cornflour in a little water and add this to the pan. Allow this to boil for 60 seconds until thickened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the finely chopped chicken. Set this aside to cool.
- When the filling has cooled, cut your pastry into strips 4cm or 1.5 inches in width. The length must be 5 times that of the width, in this case 20cm or 8 inches.
- You can make the samosas bigger or smaller according yo your preference, provided you keep the ratio of length to width.
- Working with a few strips at a time, spoon a tablespoon of filling onto the end of each strip.
- Fold the pastry at 45 degrees to cover the filling. Fold this straight up, then at 45 degrees and so on until the samosa is completely formed.
- Wet the last piece of pastry to seal.
- Transfer the samosas to a lightly greased baking sheet and brush them with melted butter.
- Bake the samosas in a preheated oven at 200c or 400f until golden. Turn the samosas over and continue to bake until the second side is golden and crispy.
- Transfer the samosas to serving platters and serve immediately.