Incredible Greek Lamb Burger - Succulent Greek Lamb Burger Patty Served on Pitta with Tzatziki.
Recipe type: Burgers
Cuisine: Greek / Lamb
This one is a real winner!!! Succulent Greek Lamb Burger Patty served on a pitta bread and topped with a cascade of tzatziki. This burger really has all the tastes and flavors of the Mediterranean!!!
- 600g Lamb mince
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Tomato sauce
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 30g Fresh bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs Finely chopped Calamata olives
- 60g Feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ Tsp Ground cumin
- ½ Tsp Ground coriander
- 1 Tsp Dried oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Tzatziki
- 1 Tomato, finely chopped
- An equal amount of finely chopped Israeli cucumber
- ½ Tsp Dried mint
- 150ml Greek yoghurt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lamb mince, crushed garlic, finely chopped onion, tomato sauce, egg, fresh bread crumbs, chopped Calamata olives, ground cumin, ground coriander, dried oregano and crumbled feta cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix this thoroughly until everything is evenly distributed.
- Weigh the mixture and divide it into 4 equal portions of around 220g.
- Shape the potions into patties of about 20mm or ¾ inch thick.
- Place the patties on a platter and refrigerate them for 30 to 60 minutes.
- While the patties set, finely chop 1 tomato, and a matching amount of Israeli cucumber. Place these in a bowl and add 150ml of Greek yogurt, along with the dried mint. Mix this thoroughly and put it aside.
- Heat a heavy pan over medium high heat and add 30g of butter. Fry the patties for 8 minutes, turning every minute.
- The patties should well charred, but not burnt.
- Place a pitta bread on each serving platter and top each one with a patty. Arrange a cascade of tzatziki on top of each patty, garnish with snipped chives or fennel sprigs and serve immediately.