How to Make Cream Crackers - Delicious, Crispy Cream Crackers Made with Real Cream!!!
Recipe type: Crackers / Biscuits / Baking
These cream crackers are quick and easy to make. Made with real cream, they are absolutely delicious as a snack, or as on platters for entertaining. The cream crackers can be topped with anything from simple to fancy, and will have your guests lining up for more!!!
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1½ Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 160ml Cream
- Place the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in your mixing bowl. Mix this to combine and pour in the cream.
- Using a wooden paddle, mix until all of the cream has been absorbed.
- Using your hands, compress the dough in the bowl, turning and squeezing continuously. Avoid any kneading motion as you don't want any over-development of gluten.
- Turn the dough out onto your work surface and continue compressing the dough until all of the loose bits are incorporated into a single mass.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and allow this to rest for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, unwrap the dough and cut it into 4 pieces. Working with 1 piece, pass it through your pasta roller on the thickest setting. Fold the sheet of dough in half and pass it through again. Continue doing this until the dough is smooth.
- Reduce the setting by 1 step and pass it through again. Continue reducing until the dough reaches a thickness of 3mm or 1 eight of an inch. Put this sheet aside and continue rolling the remaining 3 sheets.
- Cut the sheets length-ways down the center, then cut these strips into squares.
- Transfer the squares to un-greased baking sheets and poke 2 sets of holes into each square using a fork.
- Bake the squares in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for about 8 minutes on each side until lightly browned and risen.
- Serve with the toppings of your choice. Simple or fancy, these go down a real treat.