How to Make Mayonnaise. Easy and Tasty Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe.
Recipe type: Mayonnaise / Sauce
Making real mayonnaise is quick and easy, and certainly tastes 100% nicer than the store-bought mayonnaise. This demonstration shows you how to make great mayonnaise in under 7 minutes using your food processor or hand mixer.
- 2 Egg yolks
- 45ml White wine vinegar
- 2.5ml Worcestershire sauce
- 750ml Oil (sunflower or olive)
- 5ml Kosher salt
- 5ml Garlic powder
- 5ml Mustard powder
- (5ml salpeter - optional preservative)
- Pour the egg yolks, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder into your food processor. You can also use a hand mixer, or even a blender.
- Process this for 2 minutes until completely combined and light and creamy.
- With the mixer still running, slowly drizzle in the oil in a very thin stream. The mayonnaise will start to combine and form almost immediately. Allow the mixer to run for 4 minutes until you have a very smooth, glossy and thick mayonnaise.
- Add the salt and garlic powder. If you are not using the mayonnaise within 7 days, it is advisable to add 5ml of saltpeter to the mixture as well. Saltpeter inhibits the growth of bacteria, and considering the mayonnaise contain raw egg, this is a good safety precaution.
- Turn the mixer back on and mix for a further 60 seconds.
- You will notice how well emulsified the mayonnaise is by the beater tails left In the surface of the sauce.
- Store the mayonnaise in sterilized jars in your refrigerator.
- Makes 850ml