Gourmet Chicken Lasagna. Amazing Creamy Cheese Chicken Lasagna - The Best!!!
Recipe type: Pasta
Lasagna is a cornerstone meal in many households, however the cliche'd savory mince or chicken with tomato and white sauce can be extremely tedious on the tastebuds. This creamy cheese chicken lasagna will change the way you see lasagna forever!!!
For the Cheese Sauce
- 120g Mature cheddar, shredded
- 120g Parmesan, shredded
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 240ml Cultured sour cream
- 60ml Tapioca or cornflour
For the Chicken Gravy
- 400ml Chicken stock
- 30ml Tapioca or cornflour
- 600g Roasted chicken, skin on, roughly chopped
- 500g Fresh lasagna sheet (or quick-cook dried)
- To start, we are going to make a thin gravy for the chicken. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the tapioca or cornflour with a little water and add it to the cold chicken stock.
- Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 60 seconds until thickened. Remove the gravy from the heat and put this aside.
- For the creamy cheese sauce, heat the second batch of chicken stock over over medium heat. Mix the tapioca or cornflour with a little water and add this to the pot.
- Bring this to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 60 seconds until thickened. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Stir in the shredded mature cheddar and parmesan cheeses until melted and totally combined.
- Pour in the sour cream and stir this in until totally combined.
- Place the roughly chopped chicken in a mixing bowl and pour in the gravy. Stir this until combined.
- Lightly grease a medium size roasting pan and line the bottom with 2 slices of lasagna sheet. I am using freshly made lasagna sheet, but you can use quick cook dried pasta as well.
- Top the pasta with a layer of the chicken and gravy. This is the reason we made the gravy thin. The pasta will absorb 30 percent of the liquid from the gravy as it cooks and it will thicken as a result.
- Add another layer of pasta to the pan.
- Top this with a generous layer of the creamy cheese sauce.
- Top this with another layer of pasta.
- Then another layer of chicken and gravy.
- A final layer of pasta topped with another generous spread of creamy cheese sauce and you're almost done.
- Sprinkle a generous helping of mature cheddar over the surface.
- Bake the lasagna in a preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes until the cheese is crispy and well browned.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and allow it to stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.