Chinese Shrimp Fried Rice. Chinese New Year Recipes 2015 - Delicious, Aromatic Shrimp Fried Rice.
Recipe type: Rice / Seafood
With Chinese New Year starting on the 19th of February, this Chinese shrimp fried rice is the first of a 3 part Chinese Cuisine Mini-Series.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Spring onions
- 3 Cups cooked Jasmine rice (preferably cooked the day before)
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped ginger
- 240g Shrimp meat
- Defrost the shrimp and pat it dry. Chop the spring onions into rounds, keeping the green and white rounds separate.
- Mince the garlic and ginger and lightly beat the eggs. You will also need to measure out the cooked rice, preferably from the day before.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium high heat and add the garlic, ginger and spring onion whites. Stir these briefly until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add the shrimp to the wok and stir-fry these for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the egg, allow it to start setting for 15 seconds, then start to turn the egg.
- After about 90 seconds the egg will almost all be set. Add the rice to the pan and continue to stir-fry this for 3 minutes, breaking the egg up into bits while doing this.
- Remove the wok from the heat, add the spring onion greens and stir these in to combine.
- Keep the rice warm until your main course is ready to serve.