Crispy Oven Baked Potato Croquettes. Easy Golden Baked Herbed Potato Croquettes.
Recipe type: Accompaniment / Potato
Potato croquettes make the perfect accompaniment to any roast dish. These baked croquettes can be flavored with any herb of your choice to match your main course. This quick and easy potato croquette recipe will have the crowds cheering for more!!!
- 4 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- 30ml Sour cream
- 30ml Chopped herbs of your choice
- 2.5ml Salt
- 15ml Water
- 15ml Cornflour
- 2 Cups fine breadcrumbs or finely crushed corn flakes
- Peel and quarter the potatoes and boil them for about 20 minutes until soft. Add the sour cream, salt and herbs and mash the potatoes until smooth.
- Add one of the eggs and continue to mash until the egg is totally combined.
- Refrigerate the mashed potato for at least 30 minutes to firm it up.
- For the coating, whisk the second egg with the cornflour and water. Measure out 500ml of fine bread crumbs or finely crushed corn flakes.
- Remove the potato from the refrigerator. Lift a heaped tablespoon of the mash and shape it into a cigar shape.
- Dip the cigar in the egg mixture, then dredge it gently in the flour to get a good coating all over.
- Transfer the croquette to a greased baking sheet. Continue shaping and coating until all of the potato is used.
- Bake the croquettes in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 30 minutes, turning halfway through.
- The croquettes will be crisp and golden with a creamy smooth interior. Serve these immediately as an accompaniment to your main course.