Lamb's Liver Pate' - Rich, Smooth, Creamy Lambs Liver Pate' - Quick & Easy, the Food of Kings!
Recipe type: Pate'
Lamb's liver pate' is quick and easy to make. It is smooth and creamy with a wonderful taste and texture - this truly is the food of kings!
- 200g Streaky bacon
- 600g Lamb's liver
- 50g Butter
- 2 x Medium onions, chopped finely
- 1 Clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Tomato puree
- 60ml Brandy or Cognac
- 200ml Sour cream (optional)
- Cut the lambs liver into cubes, the streaky bacon into strips, and dice the onion and garlic.
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add the butter and fry the bacon for 3 minutes until barely browned.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue to fry gently for a further 3 minutes until the onion is tender.
- Add the liver to the pan and fry this for 5 minutes until it is cooked through.
- Pour in the brandy and the tomato puree and continue frying gently for a final 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Using your stick blender, puree the liver until absolutely smooth. At this stage you can add the sour cream if desired, but this entirely personal choice.
- Transfer the pate to serving bowls, single portion or bulk and seal the top of the pate with melted butter.
- The pate will last for up to 10 days in your refrigerator, or up to 3 months in your freezer wrapped airtight in cling wrap.