Mini Seafood Platter - Valentine's Special Part 4 - Grilled Sole, Prawn & Pink Salmon Combo
Recipe type: Seafood / Valentine's Day
This seafood platter is sure to create a stir! Grilled baby sole topped with prawn hearts, garnished with a rose of pink salmon, and an artistic drizzle of rich dill sauce. This is Part 4 of our Valentine's Special!
Ingredients per Person
- 1 Baby sole (80-100g)
- 2 Medium prawns (16-20 size)
- 60g Norwegian or Atlantic salmon
For the Sauce (2 Portions)
- 50ml Cream
- 50ml Plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbs finely chopped dill
- A dash of ketchup for color
- Lemon wedges
- Slice the salmon into thin strips at an angle across the grain. Put this aside.
- Season the baby sole liberally on both sides with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Cut the prawns down the spine and using a skewer, remove the veins.
- Using a sharp knife cut through the flesh along the spine, all the way through, but not through the bottom shell. Open the prawns up.
- Finely chop the fresh dill and combine it with the cream, mayonnaise and a dash of ketchup for color.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat, add the butter and grill the prawns for 3 minutes per side. Encourage the tails to curl up while they are grilling.
- After 6 minutes, turn the prawns onto their spines and grill for a further 2 minutes, then remove them from the pan.
- Add a little extra butter if necessary, then grill the sole for 3 minutes per side. Remove these from the pan.
- To plate, place a sole in the center of a platter. Create the prawn heart on top of the sole, and top this with half of the salmon, stacked to resemble a rose.
- Drizzle the sauce over the plate and serve immediately.