Grilled Lamb Chops with Crispy Lamb Crackling Hearts - Valentine's Special Series - Part 2
Recipe type: Lamb / Grilled / Valentine's Day
This simple grilled dish of lamb loin chops garnished with crispy lamb crackling tied to symbolize little hearts, is a sure winner. Succulent grilled lamb chops will win anyone's heart!!!
- 8 Lamb loin chops
- Salt and cracked black pepper to season
- 30g Butter
- Using a small sharp knife, cut the skin and a little of the fat from each chop.
- Cut each strip of skin in half length-ways, then tie each piece of skin in a simple knot. Season these with salt and pepper and set them aside.
- Heat a pan or wok of oil to 180c or 350f and deep-fry the knotted skin until it is crispy and golden. Scoop the crackling from the oil using a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep this warm on the side.
- Season the chops liberally on both sides with salt and cracked black pepper. Heat a pan over medium high heat, add the butter and fry the chops for 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chops to platters, garnish them with the crispy lamb crackling hearts and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.