Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs - Valentines Special Part 1. Pickled, Deviled Eggs - a Taste of Heaven!!!
Recipe type: Starters / Cocktail Snacks / Finger Food
Deviled eggs are an all-time favorite as a starter or cocktail finger-snack. In this Valentine's special recipe, we take this a step further by pickling a pink fade into the eggs, then finishing it off with a spectacular filling!!!
- 8-12 Hard-boiled eggs
- 240ml Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 720ml / 3 Cups water
- 1 Small beetroot, peeled and halved
For the Filling
- 45g Horseradish sauce
- 6 Pickled peppadews
- Salt & pepper to taste
- A few extra peppadews, thinly sliced to garnish
- Place the cider vinegar, sugar, salt, water and beetroot in a pot. Bring this mixture to a boil, turn the heat down, and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow it to cool. Place the hard-boiled eggs in the mixture, place the lid on the pot and allow this to pickle overnight in your refrigerator.
- The following day, remove the eggs from the mixture, cut them in half length-ways and scoop the yolks out of the halves.
- Place the yolks in a jug along with the salt, pepper, horseradish sauce and pickled peppadews.
- Using your stick blender, puree this all until it is smooth.
- Transfer the egg halves to platters and pipe or spoon the pureed mixture into the eggs.
- Garnish the eggs with thinly sliced peppadews and serve immediately.