Queso Blanco Sauce / Dip - Perfect Mexican Tartare Sauce - No Mayonnaise!!!
Recipe type: Cheese
Queso Blanco is an infinitely flexible ingredient. In this episode we make an alternative to the overplayed tartare sauce - queso blanco sauce makes a perfect dip for seafood, with a mild flavor that does not overpower the food it is served with.
- 200g Queso Blanco cheese
- 200ml Cultured Buttermilk
- 2 Pickled Jalepenos
- Salt to taste
- Dried red chilli flakes to garnish
- Dice the queso blanco into small pieces, chop the pickled jalepeno chillies, and measure out the cultured buttermilk. You will also want a teaspoon of red chilli flakes to garnish.
- Place all of the ingredient except the chilli flakes into a jug. Using a stick blender, zap this until smooth and creamy.
- Season the creamy sauce with salt to taste. Decant the dip to serving bowls, garnish each with a pinch of chilli flakes and serve immediately.