Indian Butter Chicken. How to Make Delicious, Fragrant Butter Chicken at Home.
Recipe type: Indian Curry
In Today's episode we make delicious, fragrant Indian Butter Chicken, using the Tandoori Chicken we baked yesterday.
- 1.2kg Cooked Tandoori chicken
- 100g Butter
- 160ml Cream
- 45g Garlic, finely chopped
- 55g Ginger, finely chopped
- 5 Green chillies, chopped
- 1Tsp Paprika
- 900g Tomatoes
- 480ml Chicken Stock
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Finely chop the garlic, ginger and green chillies. Measure out the paprika, butter, chicken stock and cream. Chop the tomatoes, and cut the entire chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium high heat and fry the garlic, ginger and chilli for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the paprika and stir this until totally combined.
- Add the chopped tomato and the chicken stock. Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer the tomato for 10 to 15 minutes. The tomatoes must be soft and tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes. Using your stick blender, puree the tomatoes until smooth.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the chicken and bring this to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer the chicken for 10 minutes until it is absolutely tender.
- Add the cream, stir this in until totally combined. Season with salt to taste and serve immediately garnished with fresh coriander. As an accompaniment, any Indian bread will serve well.