The Most Awesome Toasted Sandwich. A Gourmet Toasted Sandwich Inspired by the East.
Recipe type: Toasted Sandwiches Recipes
A Gourmet Toasted Sandwich Inspired by the East. Across China, Thailand and Vietnam it is quite normal to combine seafood, smoked pork and peanuts or roasted sesame oil in a meal - with remarkable results. This toasted sandwich is inspired by this amazing combination!
For 2 Gourmet Sandwiches
- 6 Slices white farmhouse bread, 4 of them buttered on 1 side
- 100g Mashed sardines
- 100g Fried streaky bacon, chopped
- 2 Heaped tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Eggs, scrambled
- Turn the buttered slices upside down. Spread a generous layer of the peanut butter onto 2 of the slices.
- Top each of these with the chopped bacon, and press This into the peanut butter.
- Top this with the 2 un-buttered slices of bread and press it down to make sure it is well bonded.
- Top the un-buttered slices with the mashed sardine, followed by the sloppy scrambled egg.
- Close the sandwiches with the 2 remaining buttered slices, with butter facing outward.
- Heat your pan or sandwich grill and fry the sandwiches until crispy and golden.
- Quarter the sandwiches and transfer them to platters to serve.