Baked Chilli Chicken Drumsticks. Great for the Big Game or Served Cold!
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry / Snack Food
These spicy hot chicken drumsticks are perfect snack-food for the big game, or simply served cold at a picnic. Simple and quick to make, these will have your fans raving for more!
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- 1 Medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tbs dried chilli flakes
- 15ml paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30ml White wine vinegar
- 15ml Worcestershire sauce
- 100ml Oil
- Place the onion, garlic, dried chilli flakes, paprika, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil in a jug. Using your stick blender zap these until smooth.
- Make three deep cuts into the thickest part of the flesh of each drumstick. Place the drumsticks in a roasting pan and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 75 minutes. Turn and re-coat the chicken twice during this time - after the first 30 minutes then after the second 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, allow it to stand for 5 minutes before transferring it to baskets or platters and serving.