How to Make Sous Vide Burger Patties in Your Dishwasher! Quick and Easy Sous Vide Burger!
Recipe type: Burgers / beef
Sous Vide Burger Patties / Sous vide burgers Sous vide involves cooking vacuum packed foods in a water bath at low temperature for an extended period of time. This normally involves buying an expensive circulating water bath, however your dishwasher will do a pretty good job of this for free! Check out the video and see how.
- 600g Beef mince
- ½ Tsp Salt
- Combine half a teaspoon of salt with 600g of beef mince, then press your patties, or form them by hand.
- Vacuum pack your patties in single packs, making sure that the vacuum packs are properly sealed.
- Pack the sealed patties flat in your dishwasher and run them for a full cycle at 65c. Almost all dishwashers have 2 temperature cycles, 65c and 75c. Consult the user manual for your machine.
- Remove the patties from the washer. They are completely and thoroughly cooked. Remove them from their packets and serve immediately, or if you prefer to add a little color, flash fry them in a smoking hot pan to singe the outside of the patty. To speed things up you can also use a blowtorch.
- The texture of these patties is quite pleasant, more on the side of actual steak, than that of regular patty. Considering you could probably fit at least about 60 patties in you dishwasher at a time, this is the ideal way to bulk cater for parties, providing your menu choice is burgers, or burgers, or burgers.