How to Make Spring Roll Wrappers. Quick and Easy Homemade Spring Roll Wrappers / Skins.
Recipe type: Pastry / Batter
How to Make Spring Roll Wrappers / Skins. Making your own spring roll wrappers is quick and easy. Check out this quick demonstration to how to make your own homemade spring roll skins. The recipe is easily scaleable up to any quantity required.
- ½ Cup All purpose flour
- ¼ Cup Cornflour
- ¼ Tsp salt
- 150ml Water
- Place the all purpose flour, cornflour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the water and whisk this until you have a thin smooth batter.
- Heat your range over medium heat. Don't place the pan on the range until you're ready to start. Place the pan on the heat and using a brand new camel hair brush, paint the batter onto the surface of the pan. Paint until the entire surface has a thin, but even coating all over. (by brand new I mean it must be absolutely clean, and it must have natural bristles that will not melt or impart plastic chemicals to the food)
- The coating sets very quickly, and the pan gets hotter and hotter, the skin will start to peel away from the edges of the pan.
- Gently peel the skin from the pan and transfer to a platter. Cover it with a damp tea towel.
- To continue, cool the pan down by running under your cold water tap for 10 seconds, then drying it off. Continue with the next wrapper, then cool the pan, and so on until all of the wrappers are done.
- This quantity of batter will make 12 8 inch or 20cm wrappers. Simply multiply it out to the quantity you require.