Stuffed & Deep-Fried Chicken Drumsticks. Deep-Fried Stuffed Chicken Drumsticks - Easy Cocktail Meals
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
These drumsticks get the King's treatment - first tunnel boned, then stuffed, then coated with a special seasoned coating, then deep-fried to golden perfection. This video demonstration will show you how tunnel bone the drumstick, fill it, coat it and fry it.
- 8 x Chicken Drumsticks
- Stuffing of your choice
- ½ Cup Tapioca flour or cornflour
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
½ Cup Finely crushed cornflakes mixed with:
- ½ All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 1 Tbs Brown sugar
- 1 Tbs Lemon pepper
- 1 Tbs Dried chilli flakes
- To de-bone the drumstick, holding the narrow end, pull the skin back to expose the joint.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut around the joint to free the meat.
- Grab the joint with your dish cloth and scrape the meat down the bone with the edge of your blade.
- Pull the flesh back onto the bone, then using the back of your cleaver, break the bone just above the narrow joint.
- Pull the bone out of the drumstick.
- You can stuff the drumstick with anything, I am using a puree of fried bacon, spinach and feta. Using your piping bag or syringe, pipe the filling into the leg until it is plumped up.
- If you are using a chunky filling, you can use your fingers to stuff the drumstick.
- Pull the skin together at the opening, and pin it closed using a toothpick.
- To coat the drumsticks, dredge them in the tapioca or cornflour.
- Dunk the drumstick in the egg making sure to wet all of the flour.
- Finally dredge it in the special mixture consisting of finely crushed cornflakes, flour, salt, brown sugar, lemon pepper and chilli flakes. Make sure to get a good solid coating all over.
- Transfer the coated drumsticks to a platter and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Fill your pan with oil to depth of 1 inch or 25mm and heat this to 180c or 350f.
- Carefully lower drumsticks into the oil and deep-fry them for 4 minutes per side. Remove them from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.