Chinese Hoisin Pork Steamed Dumplings. Fragrant Hoisin Pork Flower Dumplings - Quick & Easy
Recipe type: Steamed Dumplings
Chinese steamed dumplings make an elegant and styleful starter course, or a fantastic addition to a Dim Sum feast. This recipe is super-quick and easy, and is infinitely scaleable without any hassle.
- 250g Pork fillet, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbs Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tsp Light soy sauce
- 1 Tbs Oyster sauce
- 1 Tsp Roasted sesame oil
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 6 Slices ginger
- 6 Spring onions
- 1 Tbs Cornflour
- Place the pork fillet, hoisin sauce, light soy sauce, oyster sauce, roasted sesame oil, garlic, ginger, spring onion and cornflour into your food processor.
- Process this until it is fine, but not mushy.
- Working with one wonton wrapper, use a wet finger to wet the edges of the wrapper.
- Place a tablespoon of the pork filling in the center of the wrapper.
- Lift the corners up around the sides of the wrapper and crimp the folds in the wrapper together around the base causing the corners to stand upright. Bend the corners over to resemble the petals of a flower.
- Repeat this until all 16 dumplings are formed.
- Cut 16 squares of baking paper and pack the dumplings into your steamer. You will have to use both tiers of the steamer, or steam 2 batches.
- Fill your wok with water to just below half full and bring this to a rapid boil. Steam the dumplings for 12 minutes.
- Remove the steamer from the wok and transfer the dumplings to serving platters.
- Serve with the dipping sauces of your choice.