Rich, Creamy Prawn Bisque. Thick and creamy prawn bisque recipe. Simply the best prawn bisque ever!
Recipe type: Seafood / Prawns
This prawn bisque recipe is second to none. It makes use of the prawn shells and heads you would normally throw away when cleaning prawns for another recipe. The beautifully flavored stock made from the heads and shells is the base for this insanely good prawn bisque.
- Enough prawn heads and shells to completely cover the base of a large frying pan.
- 800ml Chicken stock
- 150g Cooked prawn meat, puree'd to a paste
- 2 Tbs Chives, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Tapioca or cornflour mixed with a little water
- 100ml Cream
- Place enough prawn heads and shells in a large pan to completely cover the base of the pan.
- Pour in 800ml of chicken stock and bring this to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer for 20 minutes, crushing the heads to extract all of the flavor during this time.
- Strain the liquid by pouring it through a sieve, then allow this to cool.
- In another bowl, puree 150g of cooked prawn meat, then add this to the prawn stock, along with 2 tbs of finely chopped chives.
- Mix 1 tbs of tapioca or cornflour with a little water, then add this. Stir everything until well combined.
- Pour the mixture back into the pan and over medium heat bring this to a simmer. Allow the bisque to simmer for 5 minutes, then pour in the cream. Stir this for 60 seconds to combine and reheat, then serve immediately with sliced artisan bread.