Cajun Blackened Fish
Recipe type: Fish / Seafood
Cuisine: Cajun / Louisiana
The spicy aroma and flavor of Cajun blackened fish is unforgettable. This video demonstration shows you how to make the Cajun spices, how to coat the fish and how to cook it to perfection.
To make the Cajun seasoning
- ½ Tbs Garlic powder (can use garlic salt)
- ½ Tbs Onion powder (can use onion salt)
- 1 Tsp White pepper
- 1 Tsp Cracked black pepper
- 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 Tsp Dried thyme
- ¼ Tsp Dried oregano
For the Cajun Blackened Fish
- 2 x 250g White fish fillets, or dressed sole
- 1 Tbs Cajun spice (as above)
- 1 Tsp Sweet paprika
- 30ml Butter, melted
- 50g Butter for frying
- Pat the fish dry with paper towel, then brush liberally with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle a good layer of the spice mix onto the fish and press it into the surface of the fish. Turn the fillets over and repeat.
- Heat your pan until very hot, add the butter and fry the fish for 90 seconds per side.
- The fish will be well charred and blackened - remove it from the pan and serve immediately with lemon wedges / slices and the accompaniments of your choice.