Rump Steak with Sweet Balsamic Chili Reduction. How to perfectly cook rump steak with balsamic reduction.
Recipe type: Steak / Beef
This demonstration will show you the best way to perfectly cook a rump steak, and how to serve it with a sweet chili balsamic reduction.
- 2 x 250g Rump Steaks
- 50g Butter for frying
- 45ml Balsamic vinegar
- 30ml Chili sauce
- 60ml Caster sugar
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Press 3 skewers through the steaks, 2 just above the fat and 1 near the top.
- Season the fat liberally with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is bubbling, stand the steaks on the fatty edge and fry for 8-10 minutes until the fat is well rendered and golden brown.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, remove the skewers and season both sides of the steaks with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Return the steaks to the pan and fry for 4 minutes, turning every 30 seconds.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and allow them to rest.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and stir briefly to deglaze the pan.
- Add the chili sauce and stir in to combine.
- Pour in the caster sugar and stir until dissolved. Continue to stir for 3-4 minutes and the sauce thickens to a syrup.
- Working with 1 steak at a time, place a steak on top of an egg lifter and proceed to slice it at an angle into 3mm slices. Lift the steak and transfer it to a serving platter. Repeat with the second steak.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the reduction over each steak and serve with any remaining reduction in bowls on the side.