Bacon & Blue Cheese Savory Muffin.
Recipe type: Muffins / Baking
The combination of bacon and blue cheese is formidable. This savory muffin recipe is totally flop-proof, fail-proof and fool-proof, and these bacon and blue cheese muffins will go down in history as the yummiest savory muffins ever!
- 240g Self-Raising flour
- 3ml Salt
- 10ml Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 225ml Milk
- 50ml Melted butter
- 200g Blue cheese
- 6 Rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- Chop the bacon into bits and fry this over medium heat for 8-10 minutes until well browned and crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl.
- In a jug, whisk the egg into the milk, then pour this into the flour.
- Whisk this to a thick batter, then mix in the melted butter.
- Crumble the blue cheese into the batter, and add the bacon bits.
- Stir this until everything is evenly distributed in the batter.
- Cut 6 pieces of baking paper into 15cm / 6 inch squares, and press these into the muffin pan. Spoon equal amounts of batter into each hole.
- Bake the muffins at 180c / 350f for 25-30 minutes. Press a tooth-pick into the center of a muffin, if it comes out clean, the muffins are ready. If it does not, return the muffins to the oven for a few more minutes, then test again.
- When ready, remove the pan from the oven, remove the muffins from the pan and let the muffins cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.