Chinese Barbecue Pork Ribs. Tender succulent spare ribs in an aromatic Hoisin barbecue glaze.
Recipe type: Pork
These Chinese barbecue pork ribs are outstanding! Perfectly tender, flavored with hoisin, soy, garlic and ginger, they are truly unforgetable. This recipe is super-easy, and it is a sure winner!
- 1kg Pork ribs
For the marinade
- 125ml Hoisin sauce
- 45ml Light soy sauce
- 45ml Rice wine, or dry sherry
- 30ml Sugar
- 45ml Tomato sauce
- 3 Tbs finely chopped garlic
- 3 Tbs finely chopped ginger
- Get your butcher to cut the rack of ribs into 3 strips of short ribs.
- Place the ribs in your wok, or a large pan, cover with water and bring this to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and continue to simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the pork simmers, combine all of the marinade ingredients and stir until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Remove the pork from the pan and cut the ribs apart.
- Place the ribs in a roasting pan and pour the marinade in. Stir the ribs around the pan until everything is coated with the marinade.
- Place the pan in your refrigerator and allow the ribs to marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Heat your oven to 180c / 350f and bake the ribs for 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, stir the ribs around the pan to re-coat with the marinade.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, transfer the ribs to platters and serve immediately.