Mayo Batter Deep Fried Chicken Wings. Crispy Deep-fried chicken wings with a unique mayo batter.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
Crispy deep-fried chicken wings with the most unique flavor and texture. The combination of spices, mayonnaise and crispy coating make this a sure winner.
- 12 Chicken wings, tips discarded, cut through middle joint into buffalo wings
For the batter
- ½ Cup Tangy mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs Chicken spice
- 3 Tbs Tapioca flour (can substitute cornflour)
- ½ Cup finely crushed corn flakes mixed with ½ cup all-purpose flour
- Cut the wing-tips from the wings and discard.
- Cut through the center joint of the wings.
- Mix the chicken spice and the tapioca flour together.
- Place the mayonnaise in a large mixing bowl and add the spice-flour mixture. Mix this together until you have a thick, smooth paste.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and stir until all the wings are well coated with the batter.
- Dredge the wings in the cornflake mixture to get a good solid coating.
- Transfer the wings to a platter and allow them to marinate and set in your refrigerator for at least 4 hours - preferably over night.
- Half-fill your pan with oil. Heat the oil to 170c / 325f.
- Carefully drop the wings into the oil and fry them for 3 minutes per side. Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to a few batches.
- Remove the wings from the oil and drain on kitchen paper before serving.