Chicken, Bacon and Parmesan Pinwheels. Rolled chicken and and bacon with a crispy parmesan crust.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
This chicken, bacon and parmesan pinwheels recipe is great as a cocktail snack, entre, or as a main course. The flavor combination of chicken, bacon and parmesan is supreme.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 6-8 Rashers streaky bacon
- 20g Powdered parmesan
- Butchers twine
- Salt, cracked black pepper and paprika
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- Cut 40cm of clinkwrap (16 inches)
- Lie one of the breasts in the center of the plastic, fold the plastic over and use your meat mallet to tap the breast down to a thickness of 4mm / ⅙ inch
- Repeat with the second breast
- Lie one of the breasts on a board and top this with enough bacon to cover. The bacon must run from side to side.
- Season liberally with salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Roll the breast up from bottom to top as firmly as possible.
- Tie the breast with butchers twine at 20mm intervals (just less than an inch)
- Cut the loose ends off the twine.
- Trim the ends of the chicken to within 10mm (just less than ½ inch)
- Cut the roll into pieces, through the centers between each twine.
- Repeat this with the second breast.
- Place all of the wheels onto a board and brush them liberally with the egg.
- Sprinkle liberally with parmesan, then turn the wheels over and repeat.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter begins to bubble. add the wheels to the pan.
- Fry for 5 minutes per side, remove from the pan, snip and remove the strings and serve immediately.