Lightly Curried Sole with Coriander Butter. Curry flavored fried sole with a delicious coriander / cilantro butter.
Recipe type: Seafood / Fish / Curry
This sole recipe is quick and easy, and can be scaled up with no hassle at all. Succulent baby sole dusted with curry and pan-fried ot perfection - served with coriander / cilantro butter.
- 6 x 80g Baby sole
- Curry powder in a sprinkle bottle
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- 50g Butter
- 2 Tbs coriander leaf, roughly chopped
- Pat the sole dry with kitchen paper.
- Brush one side of the sole with egg, then sprinkle on a light covering of curry powder.
- Turn the sole over and repeat this.
- Dredge the sole in the flour to get a light coating all over.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter starts to bubble, carefully add the sole to the pan. Fry the sole for 3 minutes per side, the remove and transfer to 2 serving platters.
- Add the fresh coriander to the pan and stir briefly to mix with the butter.
- Spoon half of the coriander butter over each of the platters and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.