Tropical Chicken Kebabs. Succulent skewered spiced chicken thigh with bacon & pineapple.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
Tropical Chicken Kebabs.Chicken, bacon and pineapple make for a formidable combination. In this tropical chicken kebab recipe, I use succulent & tender chicken thigh meat lovingly marinated in a spicy blend, then woven onto skewers with bacon and pineapple, before being grilled to perfection. This recipe can be cooked on your barbecue, contact grill, or under the grill in your oven. For the tutorial on deboning your own chicken thighs, please watch the first section of this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQVGSpb1ja8
- 8 Chicken thighs, deboned with skin on
- 6 Canned pineapple rings, reserve the syrup
- 16 Slices streaky bacon
For the marinade
- 75ml Pineapple syrup
- 5ml Ground ginger
- 5ml Parika
- 5ml Garlic powder
- 5ml Cayenne pepper
- 5ml Salt
- 30ml Oil
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a jug and emulsify them using your stick blender. If you are using a whisk, this will work, but will just take a bit longer.
- Cut the pineapple rings into 8ths, lay out the bacon and count out 8 x 25cm / 10 inch skewers.
- Cut each chicken thigh into 6 cubes and place these into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour in the emulsified marinade and mix until everything is well coated.
- Allow this to marinate in your refrigerator for 60 minutes.
To thread the kebabs
- Hook a rasher of bacon onto a skewer, followed by a piece of chicken and a piece of pineapple. Loop the bacon around the chicken, then repeat.
- You will use 2 rashers of bacon, 6 cubes of chicken and 6 cubes of pineapple per kebab.
- Heat your grill or barbecue to medium high heat and grill the kebabs for 4 minutes per side, on all 4 sides - giving a total cooking time of 16 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve immediately with the accompaniments of your choice.