Deep Fried Tobasco Chicken Wings. Crispy Deep Fried Chicken Wings Infused with Tobasco.
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
The flavor of Tobasco is legendary. This recipe infuses this flavor into a batch of crisp deep fried chicken wings. Ths sugar in the recipe tempers the burn, so if you like your wings a little hotter, omit the sugar from the recipe.
- 12 Chicken wings
For the Tapioca Flour Mix - mix together
- 2 Tbs Fine salt
- 1 Tbs Caster sugar
- ⅔ Cup Tapioca flour
For the Cornflake Mix - mix together
- ½ Cup finely crushed cornflakes
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
For the Egg Mix - mix together
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 30ml Tobasco sauce
- Oil for deepfrying
- Cut off and discard the wing tips, then cut through the center joint of each wing.
- Dredge the wings in the tapioca flour mix.
- Dip the wings in the egg making sure all of the tapioca mix is wet.
- Dredge the eggs in the cornflake mix.
- Transfer the wings to a platter and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Half fill your pan with oil and heat to 170c or 325f.
- Carefully add the wings to the pan and fry for 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and drain on paper towel. Serve immediately.