Moroccan Chicken Sundowners
Recipe type: Chicken / Poultry
Moroccan chicken sundowners are skewered wings, hot marinated with spicy flavored butter, then barbecued to perfection. The very strong flavor comes from the way the chicken is marinated. Check it out here!
- 12 Chicken wings
- 50g Butter
- 10ml / 2 Tsp Garlic powder
- 5ml / 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 10ml / 2 Tsp Salt
- 10ml / 2 Tsp Ground cumin
- 5ml / 1 Tsp Lemon Pepper
- 75ml Lemon juice
- Remove and discard the wing tips.
- Holding the wing with the inside of the wing facing upwards, press a skewer through the first section of the wing. Straighten the wing, press the skewer past the inside of the wing joint, then up through the second part of the wing.
- Place the wings in a single layer in a roasting pan.
- Heat a small pan over medium high heat and add the butter.
- When the butter is bubbling, add the spices and stir briefly before adding the lemon juice.
- Bring the pan back to a boil, boil for 30 seconds, then pour the boiling butter over the chicken wings.
- Use a brush to pick up the over-run butter and paint any parts of the wings you may have missed.
- Over medium heat, grill the wings for 24 minutes, turning every 6 minutes.
- Place the roasting pan close to the heat in order to re-melt the left-over butter marinate. Use this to baste the wings during the cooking process.
- Remove the wings from the barbecue, arrange on platters and serve.