How to Make Crispy Pork Crackling
Recipe type: Pork
Making crispy pork rind crackling is quick and easy. You can use any pork skin for this, but most commonly you would use the rind from the pork belly. This recipe will take only 10 minutes to get perfect pork crackling.
- Rind / skin of pork (pork belly rind is most commonly used)
- Oil for frying
- Salt, pepper, or the seasoning of your choice
- Scrape the pork rind with the blade of your knife to remove any stray hairs.
- Cut the rind into thin strips, 5-10mm in width.
- Half fill your pan with oil, heat the oil to 180c or 250f and carefully drop the strips into the oil, piece by piece. (they must remain separate)
- Fry the strips for about 10 mins, or until the oil "stops frying". This means that all of the moisture in the rind has been removed, and they are ready.
- Drain the crackling on paper towel, season, and serve.