Gourmet Blue Cheese & Bacon Burgers
Recipe type: Burgers
This burger is good enough to go to war for. A beef and bacon combo patty stuffed with blue cheese, and served on our special homemade buns.
- 600g Lean beef mince
- 100g Streaky bacon
- 5 ml Salt
- 60g Blue cheese
- 50g Butter
- 4 x Gourmet burger buns (Click here for recipe)
- Shredded crispy lettuce
- Caramelized onion
- Sliced pickled gherkin
- Sliced cocktail tomatoes
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, bacon and salt. Massage this together using your hands until it is well combined.
- Slice the blue cheese into 2mm thin slices.
- Toast the buns and prepare all of the other topping ingredients.
- Set your burger press to its thinnest setting and press out 8 burger patties.
- Working with 2 patties at a time, top one of the patties with some of the sliced blue cheese, leaving just enough space on the edge to seal.
- Place the other patty on top of this and gently press the edges down to seal the burger.
- Repeat with the remaining patties.
- Heat your pan over medium high heat, add the butter and fry the patties for 4 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and serve on the toasted buns with the other prepared toppings.