Lemon & Garlic Deep-Fried Chicken Wings
Recipe type: Chicken
These lemon & garlic deep-fried chicken wings are so good everyone will want more! Deep-fried buffalo wings have been all the craze for as long as I can remember - learn to make these crispy, tasty deep-fried wings with our simple step-by-step recipe.
For the Marinade
- 1 Tbs Salt
- ½ Tbs Sugar
- ½ Tbs Lemon Pepper
- 1 Tbs Garlic powder
- 2 Lemons, zest only, finely grated
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 24 Chicken wings
- 4-5 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 300g All-purpose flour
- Oil for frying
To marinade the wings
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a jug and mix until totally combined and the salt and sugar have dissolved.
- Cut the tips off of the chicken wings and discard. Cut through the center joint of each wing.
- Place the wings in a large tray and pout the marinade ingredients over the wings. Using your hands, massage the marinade into the wings thoroughly.
- Allow the wings to marinate in your refrigerator for at least 8 hours - 18 to 24 hours is preferable.
To coat the wings
- Working with a few wings at a time, dredge the wings in the flour, then dip them in the egg.
- Dredge the wings in the flour a second time, place them on a large flat platter and allow the coating to set for 20 minutes.
- Half fill your pan with oil. Heat the oil to 180c / 350f and deepfry the wings for 5 minutes per side. Remove the wings from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Keep these warm while you continue with the remaining batches of wings.